Both industrial development and technology offer products and services that make our life easier.
Nevertheless, their impact on the environment is disastrous in most cases.
One simple thing that can smooth and solve the environmental problems is the grass!
International organizations have identified that grass offers valuable benefits for the environment. Lawns in developed regions and communities can help fight carbon dioxide, diminish the heat effect by reducing energy consumption and help in reducing global warming.
Scientific research proves that the Grass is beneficial for the environment
- Provides a natural, convenient and safe place for fun and play.
- Produces oxygen that cools the atmosphere.
- Controls pollution and reduces soil corrosion.
- Filters the water stream.
Different types of grass are very effective in reducing pollution
- Green areas capture and remove dust and dirt from the air.
- 2,500 m2 of grass absorbs carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and generates enough oxygen for a family of four to breathe.
- One of the positive effect of the grass is making us happy, without us realizing.
- On a hot summer day, the grass will be 8-10 degrees cooler than asphalt and 4-8 degrees cooler than the soil.
- The green lawn in the front area of 8 houses has the effect of about 70 air conditioners.
- The cold effect of lawn reduces the amount of fuel that needs to be burned so as to obtain relative electricity to operate the air conditioning.
Filtering the nature
- Running water in developed areas carries many viruses.
- The green lawn acts as a natural filter, cleans the water that passes through the root zone.
- Lawn power is more efficient in terms of destruction of the external layer by factors such as wind and water corrosion.
- Deep-ground grass absorbs rainwater six times more than dry grass areas.
Our psychological health
- The grass adds beauty to our physical and mental health. Doctors have proven that people recover faster in a hospital when the landscape is green than when it is a massive urban looking area. One of the major problems – the stress that we are often faced with – is controlled and neutralized thanks to the parks and public green areas covered with grass. The reasons for these are the return to the natural way of life and the origin of man – nature.